Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Which Fuel Pump?

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Dilogoat
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1979 Leyland Clubman
2005 E60 530D M-Sport
Modifications: 1293, stage 5 head head, HIF44, 1.5" Stage 1 exhaust, K&N filter, quick rack, 1.5 roller tip rockers, alloy radtec rad, spots, verto clutch, flamethrower coil, silicon leads, Dunlop D1s MORE TO COME

Which Fuel Pump?

Post by Dilogoat »

So I have 1293 with an SW5 running a HIF44 on a large bore exhaust. What fuel pump should I get?

1) Facet Sliver Top (18 gallons per hour)
2) S.U. Genuine
3) High flow Mechanical Pump

wzd345
NON Member

Re: Which Fuel Pump?

Post by wzd345 »

Personally I think the Silver top is more than you need, a new hiflow mechanical will do the job very well - I ran a 1380 road/ comp with 286 cam, HIF 44 for 3 years with one.

The SU is a good one, fit it in the boot, close to the tank outlet or you could try the small Facet solid state. You will need to run some wiring for the last two.

[quote="Dilogoat"]So I have 1293 with an SW5 running a HIF44 on a large bore exhaust. What fuel pump should I get?

1) Facet Sliver Top (18 gallons per hour)
2) S.U. Genuine
3) High flow Mechanical Pump[/quote]
Dilogoat
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1979 Leyland Clubman
2005 E60 530D M-Sport
Modifications: 1293, stage 5 head head, HIF44, 1.5" Stage 1 exhaust, K&N filter, quick rack, 1.5 roller tip rockers, alloy radtec rad, spots, verto clutch, flamethrower coil, silicon leads, Dunlop D1s MORE TO COME

Re: Which Fuel Pump?

Post by Dilogoat »

Thanks Eamon. That's pretty much the feeling I've been getting from others too, so I think the mechanical one will do.