Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

NCT Failure

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

city998
NON Member

NCT Failure

Post by city998 »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
For the first time ever, my '90 City went through the NCT and I got the comment ". . . everything was perfect!" The beginning of the sentence was "Except for the rust . . . "
The dreaded tinworm has gone to town on my door sills, front valence, and the floor just behind the firewall. Anyone know what can be done and who can do it in the Galway area? Rerest has to be before 14 December.

'90 Mini City - No More!
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Re: NCT Failure

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

Cut out the bad metal and replace with new. If the holes are small you can patch them, but the likes of sills need to be replaced, remember there are inner and outer sills, so cutting away the metal may show up more rot.

Somerford can sort you on whatever panels you need, and sterling is in your favour at the moment.
You can get two types of panel , standard repair panels or restoration quality panels, the latter are more expensive , but the fit is better and the metal is slightly heavier.

Ray Cunningham at the Galway Mini Centre should be able to advise you as to who can do the job, http://www.galwayminicentre.com.

Hope this helps.

TMG

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
city998
NON Member

Re: NCT Failure

Post by city998 »

Thanks, TMG.
'90 Mini City - No More!