Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Lend a van anyone??

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

just_st3v3n
NON Member
Whats your location?: cavan
Region: Northern
What Minis have you?: 1989 red mayfair aka project nancy
Modifications: Nancy is deseamed and will be getting some sort of modern engine someday

Lend a van anyone??

Post by just_st3v3n »

im in a pickle....
plan was go over to england wit my bro, buy a mini shell with lots of parts, throw it into a rented van, call over to my cousin who is also selling his mini , buy it and i drive that home...
#
now, heres the thing... every quote i get to rent a van is in or around the 400-500 mark.......... :cry:
even with that i only found one company so far who can rent it out with insurance cover (rest cant, they say need transfer your own fully comp insurance, which i dont have) and they only allow yo0u to drive 200 kms per day, so 4 days rental at a round trip (coming home with van from dublin day before hand, back to dublin, drive to london (500-600 kms) and same back) of about 1400 kms over the weeknd and being charged for every km after the added daily amount of 800km .....

wild question but can does anyone have a (big) transit van (wit lwb) they could rent/lend to me from next thursday to monday and i could just transfer me and my brothers insurance onto and of course give you money for it?????

give me call 0864033950 or pm on here...

cheers
steven

steeo
NON Member

Re: Lend a van anyone??

Post by steeo »

Unless you have commercial insurance your idea won't work as your insurance company wont transfer a private policy onto a commercial vehicle unless done through a rental company as above.

Would a 16' car transporter do ??? you could get the 2 mini's onto it (probally) and fill the insides with the parts.
There is a trailer crowd in Finglas that I use quite often, €50 a day and there is no mileage charge.