Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

NCT Failure

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

mac
NON Member

NCT Failure

Post by mac »

My 1995 Mini Cooper 1.3i went down in the test this morning. The emissions were sky high. The throttle control also gave difficulties. I do not know if the two are related.
I live near Portlaoise in the midlands.
Does anyone know where I can go to get these problems sorted out so I can get a re-test as soon as possible?
Mac

Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Re: NCT Failure

Post by Billy »

Mac,

There's no point giving you details of people in Cork or Galway. Try Paul Kelly, Minifix in Dublin at 087-2597085

Billy
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

If its just emmisions any decent garage with tuning equipment should be able to sort it out. Whats wrong with the throttle ,I have some SPi parts if you need them,can bring them to autojumble Sunday
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
mac
NON Member

Post by mac »

Thank's folks,
I rang Paul Kelly and he told me that if I brought it to him he would have to send it to someone who would put it on the computer, so I rang a guy in Clonaslee and he is going to do a diagnostic check on it tomorrow. A mechanic in the local pub last night told me that it is quite possible that the two things are related. The engine only cuts out when it is hot and he thinks that it is some sort of sensor that gives it too much fuel when the engine is hot and it is flooding it, something like the choke sticking. I really don't know enough about such things myself so I will leave it to the professionals. I will see what parts he is looking fro woody and get back to you as soon as possible. I was away in Arklow playing golf for the weekend and that is why I'm late replying to you guys
Thanks
Mac
pick up man
NON Member

Post by pick up man »

Hi i had a 96 cooper which failed the nct on the same high emissions so i changed the lambra sensor which i got at my local motor factors and that solved the problem. If the car is cutting out when its hot try replacing the knock sensor which is on the block at the back of the engine. Its out of sight so most people forget about it. Hope this helps.
Irish by birth, mini lover by act of God
http://www.pmcsecurity.com
woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Post by woody »

The connector on the temperature sensor is also a source of problems.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR