Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Mosney 8th June

This section is about Events hosted/attended by the Irish Mini Owners Club

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

66mini
NON Member

Mosney 8th June

Post by 66mini »

Is anyone going to Mosney ? If so are we having a stand there ?

Who is organising as the committee members will all be at the National Mini Day in Galway ?

Watch the speed limit on MTM as 90 MPH in a 1000 is not legal in Ireland

BlackSe7en
IMOC Paid Member

Re: Mosney 8th June

Post by BlackSe7en »

This has just been pointed out to me, from the Application form for Mosney;

"DECLARATION OF INSURANCE:

I declare that during the whole period of the event, my vehicle and the driver thereof will be covered by valid and subsisting insurance as required by the Road Traffic Act 1961, and that such insurance should include rally cover and I undertake to provide to the Clark of the course, scrutineer or other duly authorised official of the Club a Certificate of Insurance on demand."

Does anyone intending to attend Mosney have Rally cover on their Insurance. Be safe go to the National Mini day instead, it's your Club's big event.

P.S. I won't be there as I am attending the wedding of a fellow Moke owner in England. :)
The Marcos Graveyard
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Longford
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: 1971 Mini Marcos.
1984 Mini Sprite
Modifications: 1380cc
Weber45
S/C CR gearbox and drop gears

Post by The Marcos Graveyard »

National Mini Day, which is run by the Western Region is the Clubs biggest event of the year and as such is the only show that is being promoted by the club that weekend.

As was set out at the AGM this year in Moate, there will be no IMOC presence at Mosney this year, we will not have a stand there and we are not organising anything in relation to the show.

A fully carbon fiber Mini Marcos shell weighs just 7.25kg.
Billy
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Roscommon
Region: Western
What Minis have you?: 1967 Morris Cooper, 1967 Austin Mini auto, 1968 Wolseley Hornet x2, 1981 Clubman Estate

Post by Billy »

Having met Peter, Adrian, and Tom from the Western Region of the IMOC at a national committee meeting in Oranmore last Sunday, it's clear that a lot of work and effort is being put into making this year's show a showcase for Minis from all over Ireland. As fellow club members, they deserve our support on the day. If you haven't been at any of the previous 3 National Mini Days to date, then why not make a weekend of it this year in Galway. I don't think you'll be disappointed. There were 105 Minis there last year with trade stands, sideshows etc.

It's being held behind Paddy Burke's pub in Clarenbridge and you won't beat the seafood chowder and toasted specials they do there.

Billy
keith
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dún Laoghaire, Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: '93 SPi cooper

Post by keith »

we ate at paddy burke's on Mini Day last year after disapointing service in the main venue: service was excellent, staff helpful and atmosphere very inviting. cant wait to go back in June, this time with *more* suncream!

oh, and the minis were class!