Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

rewiring a 1990 mini mayfair

This section is for Mini projects and restorations and also the place to show off your pride and joy.

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

mcgrattan17
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
Region: Eastern
What Minis have you?: Mayfair 1275 Automatic

rewiring a 1990 mini mayfair

Post by mcgrattan17 »

hi im thinking of completely rewiring my mini, a lot of stuff doesnt work in it such as horn, wipers, some front lights, brake lights, left indicators work when car is moving but solid when stopped, right indicators are always just solid etc. there is also a lot of taped up single wires around the car that i have no idea what theyre doing. does anyone have any idea on the cost of a rewire or buying a new loom, how much a new loom would cost or where to get one even? thanks a million

woody
IMOC Paid Member
Whats your location?: Drogheda
What Minis have you?: Traveller
Turbo
Hornet
Equinox
MINI Clubman

Re: rewiring a 1990 mini mayfair

Post by woody »

Wiring looms are available from all the main UK mini shops, the problem is identifying exactly what you need. If the extra wires are needed to run add ons on your car than you will also need to add these to the new loom. As your car appears to have had an engine swap there may be wiring alterations required for that. Best to remove any unnessisary wiring and than fix or replace what has been added in a proper manor. Attention to detail in the wiring like clean tight contacts is what makes a mini reliable.
TECHNICAL MODERATOR
mcgrattan17
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dublin
What Minis have you?: Mayfair 1275 Automatic

Re: rewiring a 1990 mini mayfair

Post by mcgrattan17 »

Great thanks a million I’ll keep you posted