Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

1980 850.

MINI RELATED FOR SALE ITEMS ONLY

All for sale items must be accompanied by :
(1) a PHOTOGRAPH of the item in question
(2) a specific PRICE (no "open to offers")
(3) the seller's/item LOCATION

For Sale posts not conforming to these rules will be deleted.

All items listed must be the personal property of the seller, and hold the title to said item(s).

The Irish Mini Owners Club, and its officers provide this service as a service to its members and Mini enthusiasts in good faith and do not endorse or confirm any detail or claim pertaining to items posted by individuals using this forum.

Registration is required. Posts will be automatically deleted after 55 days

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, admin, Moderators

andrew.1990.rover
NON Member
Whats your location?: Cabinteely
Dublin 18
Region: Eastern

1980 850.

Post by andrew.1990.rover »

**forgot to add price**
Ideally someone would have a spare million to give me but realistically for the car with no extras id take 800.
Im willing to negotiate and have a chat with people about the car and parts going with it but I have had the car sitting for a year and a half at this stage without doing anything with it so im really not pushed and wont take low ball offers.

The usual story here bought as a project when I had a bit of money and time but life caught up with me.

loads of photos here search mini 850 Joseph. ill upload the photos again anyways. The car was dry stored in an underground since i bought it but parents divorce means it i have to get rid of it. its under a car cover so not getting any worse but would like to get rid of it before the rain starts back too heavily for the winter.

I have the log book and its declared off road cert. ( have last years one as well if that makes any difference?)

This is a fairly involved project for someone who knows what their at but as its 1980 will never be NCT exempt so needs a good restoration.

I bought it in early 2014 and stripped the interior and a few bits out, cleaned and dried them and stored them in the garage so their in decent shape. ill try to find photos for them as well.

I had to take the rockers and push rods off it for my current car never got round to putting them in it though. the engine was perfect before ran and drove well but could have done with a tune. I have the pushrods and rockers back in it (in the same order they came out) but never tightened anything as i couldnt find my feeler gauges. so with fresh petrol the rods and rockers fitted and done up, a new battery and the likes should be back running.
Took off a part of the brake lines with every intention of replacing it but parents divorced and couldnt bring both cars and my daily driver with me so never got around to it. I have a full brake line set from mini sport (copper) that will come with it.

body needs a bit of work but have a mad amount of parts for it. Few body panels two rear windows chrome insert for window seal, chrome wipers brake lines, break cylinders and a few more bits.

I also have a spare engine that got half way through tearing apart bored to +60 so think its 1330.but when i realised it was bored i stopped messing with it as I figured i would only make a balls of it. Engine would need to be stripped and cleaned to be honest i have never seen it run, the guy who sold me it said it was in a car ran fine but the guy moved to Australia and left it in his shed for him to sell so honestly i have no real clue why it was left. also have front sub-frame with tower bolts. Ill have a look at the engine again and see if i can get engine codes and a bit more info on it.
I know this isn't the best description considering i want to sell it but i figure honesty is the best policy here.

I also have a webber 40dcoe there. Have a 12g295 head with big inlet and exhaust valves plenty of life left in it (hasnt been skimmed as far as i can tell. Has performance valve springs.
Have a set of 10" dished alloys pretty sure there some sort of superlight no tyres/ need tyres and painting but have them pretty much stripped have a fiberglass boot lid skin. Performance exhaust.
The list goes on and on but if your interested let me know.

I should have probably cleaned the rust off it but most of that is flakes. there are a few holes though...lucky you.

i have the headliner the material is shot but the rails seem fine.

rear seat

drivers door

Ill try to upload interior and a few extra bits i have now.

as i say price is negotiable but if u want more parts with it that's extra.

andrew.1990.rover
NON Member
Dublin 18

few more photos

A few of the parts.
If anyone wants more photos please let me know.
If i think of anything else i have I will update this
Window regs are spare car has ones fitted.

Thread will be marked as sold when the cars gone.

Thanks in advance

Andrew
Thereaper1919
NON Member
Whats your location?: Waterford
Region: Southern

Re: 1980 850.

Post by Thereaper1919 »

Hello any chance this is still available
andrew.1990.rover
NON Member
Dublin 18

Sold it a while back, sorry lad, good look finding one all the same!
Thereaper1919
NON Member
Whats your location?: Waterford
Region: Southern

Post by Thereaper1919 »

Thanks been looking for a while now