Welcome to the Irish Mini Owners Club Forum. Keep an eye out of on coming events!!!!

Mirror Rubber

General MINI related posts. Open to all, registration required

Moderators: spud1979, The Marcos Graveyard, Moderators

Steve
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dundalk, Louth
Region: Eastern

Mirror Rubber

Post by Steve »

Swapping mirrors on a 1996 Mk5.... The old rubbers need replacing, but I can't seem to find new ones online? I can find the pre-1980 versons and I can see new ones with new mirrors.

Can anyone tell me where to get new ones?

Attachments
20240409_182711.jpg

colinf1
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dundalk
What Minis have you?: 1983 Mini City 1000

Re: Mirror Rubber

Post by colinf1 »

Had a quick look on minispares and they only offer them with the new mirrors as you've said, but they're not listed on any parts diagrams.

Are the mirrors plastic or metal? You could use some closed cell neoprene to make a gasket that would prevent metal to metal contact.
Steve
NON Member
Whats your location?: Dundalk, Louth

Re: Mirror Rubber

Post by Steve »

They are metal...

Yeah, its stange that they are not listed on any parts diagrams? .. having a parts number (if they have one) would be a start - thinking they may be classed as a part of the mirror (so share the same part no.)?
Wished I was more careful taking the old ones of... was just thinking 'these have had it.. I'll just buy new ones.. they'll only be a few quid' - Have to start not thinking like that!

Yeah, worst case... have to make something up, might look at 3d printing something?